On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 WisCOSH trainer Jim Schultz will be presenting an overview of the D.O.T.‘s HAZMAT 1st Responder Awareness Level training that WisCOSH offers. The presentation will begin at 7pm CDT. This presentation is being given in cooperation with 350MKE which is a local group of concerned community environmental activists.
The presentation is free and will be a blended program in that it will be offered in-person as well as over ZOOM. If you are interested in attending in person you can join us at the First Unitarian Society on Milwaukee’s East Side at 1342 N. Astor St. The presentation will be on the 2nd floor in the Max Otto Hall. If you would like to join us via ZOOM the Meeting ID is 818 7303 5880 and the Passcode is 809467. The presentation will be approximately 1hr long with some time afterwards for questions and answers.
The program will cover topics such as:
- why is it important to know about hazardous materials being shipped to or through my community?
- what is “hazmat” or a “hazmat incident”?
- what are hazardous materials and why should I care about them?
- what’s the difference between “hazmat” and “hazwoper” and what is “hazwoper”?
- what is a “1st responder” and what does “awareness level” mean?
- what makes materials hazardous and how can they hurt me and/or the environment?
- and more!
If you are interested in this program overview but are unable to attend or would like to arrange to have the full training you can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The regular workshop is free and is designed to have multiple sessions during which participants build a toolbox of information and includes reference materials and a Certificate of Completion.